What is the New Home Guarantee (NHG)?
The New Home Guarantee (NHG) is an Australian Government initiative aimed at helping eligible first home buyers to build or purchase a new home. Under the 2021-22 Federal Budget, a further 10,000 NHG places will be available from 1 July 2021. If you're a first home buyer interested in applying for the NHG, we're currently accepting applications. You can register your interest below.
What is the eligibility for the New Home Guarantee (NHG)?
- You're purchasing a home to live in yourself or with your spouse or de facto partner
- You're a first home buyer. You have never owned a freehold interest in real property in Australia, an interest in a lease of land in Australia with a term of 50 years (or more), or a company title interest in land in Australia
You're an Australian citizen
- You're aged 18 years or over
You earned less than $125,000 in the previous tax year as an individual, or less than $200,000 as a couple
- You have saved a 5% deposit plus enough to cover standard fees and charges (e.g. stamp duty)
For a property to be eligible, it needs to be one of the following:
- A newly constructed dwelling (can be a freestanding house, townhouse or apartment)
- An off-the-plan dwelling (can be a freestanding house, townhouse or apartment)
A house and land package
Land and a separate contract to build a new home
Property price caps