Our investment accounts
See our options below and choose the one that suits you.
Investing in property?
If you're looking at investment loans, our comparison tool is a great place to start.
Other bank accounts
We have a range of bank accounts to help you manage your money.
Become a member
We value our members. Start your People's Choice journey today by becoming a member.
Most popular questions
- People's Choice is regulated in the same way as all other authorised deposit-taking institutions (banks, credit unions and building societies) in Australia. It is required to meet exceptionally high standards and rules set by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). These regulations and standards have made Australia's banking system one of the strongest in the world. You can feel confident your money with People's Choice is well protected.
- The Financial Claims Scheme (FCS) is an Australian Government scheme that provides protection and quick access to deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions in the unlikely event that one of these financial institutions fails. Under the FCS, certain deposits are protected up to a limit of $250,000 for each account holder at any bank, building society, credit union or other authorised deposit-taking institution (ADI) that is incorporated in Australia and authorised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). The FCS can only come into effect if it is activated by the Australian Government when an institution fails. Once activated, the FCS will be administered by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). In an FCS scenario, APRA would aim to pay the majority of customers their protected deposits under the Scheme within seven calendar days.
- On our savings accounts that pay bonus interest, bonus interest will be paid dependent on the product that you hold. Bonus Saver bonus interest is paid when at least $50 is deposited into the account and there are no withdrawals in the month. Young Saver bonus interest is paid when at least $5 is deposited into the account and there are no withdrawals in the month. Deposits made on the last day of the month must be made by 5.00pm Central Standard time, whether or not it is a business day, to qualify for bonus interest in that month. For details of base and bonus rates on the Bonus Saver and Young Saver accounts please click here.
- Yes, the account will be in the name of the child, but a parent/guardian can be added as a Third Party Operator to the account. Refer to our Accounts & Access Facilities Terms & Conditions for more information on Opening Accounts for Minors.
- On interest-bearing savings and transaction accounts we calculate interest on the closing daily credit balance of your account from the last day of the previous month to the second-to-last day of the month for which interest is being credited. If your savings or transaction account has an interest frequency other than monthly, interest is on the closing daily credit balance of your account from the last day of the month that interest was previously credited to the second-to-last day of the month for which new interest is being credited.
- A Young Saver Account can be opened for a child from birth. The child can be granted access from the age of 13 with parent/guardian permission. Once the child reaches 18 years of age, full account access is given to them.
- A Birth Certificate is sufficient identification to open an account for a child.