Along with all Australian Financial Institutions, we're moving to the New Payments Platform (NPP) to provide more convenient banking for our members.
The New Payments Platform allows for faster payments between participating financial institutions. The platform caters for everyone including businesses, governments and customers. You can make and receive payments in usually less than a minute, on a 24/7 basis.
People’s Choice members can create a PayID through Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App, without needing to provide a BSB and account number.
What does this mean for me?
- From 30th April 2021, your payments could be rejected if you continue to use your member number for payments. This means you could miss receiving important payments such as your income or government benefits and payroll splits will also be rejected.
What do I need to do?
- To ensure your payments do not get rejected, it is essential that you provide your future payment senders with your:
• Account Name (usually your name)
• BSB (805-050)
• Account Number (not Member Number)
Tip: Make sure your Account Number is entered without any zeros in front of the Account Number.
For one off, instant payments, you can use your PayID, which could be as simple as your email address or mobile number.
You can find your bank details through Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App.
What are the benefits of NPP?
- Faster transactions
- Highest data security standards
- Send and receive payments at any time of the day, 7 days a week
- Simplified payments including option to use your PayID - this could be as simple as your mobile number
- Detailed payment descriptions, up to 20 characters including emojis
How do I schedule a payment in place of my payroll split?
Select Transfer/Pay in the toolbar and then select Transfer.
Select the account you wish to transfer to and from and complete the Reference and Amount. Then select Schedule Payment.
Select the date of your first payment, the frequency of the payments and the number of payments you wish to make or click ‘Ongoing’ for ongoing payments.
Click on the 'Set Schedule' button to proceed. Click ‘Confirm’ to verify the payment details or the ‘Edit Payment’ link if you wish to modify the payment details.
Select Schedule Transfer if all the details are correct or click the pencil button in the top right corner if you wish to modify the payment details.
How can I view my existing payroll splits?
Log in to Internet Banking and select the ‘Services’ tab and ‘Direct Credit’ from the slide-out menu.
Your existing Credit/s will be displayed on the Summary page.
If you want to modify, delete or add splits, click on the relevant Credit and either modify the existing Split or use the 'Add' and 'Delete' buttons to Add or Remove Splits. Click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page to save all changes.
Most popular questions
While you won't be able to tell from viewing your transactions whether the sender used your member number or account number, we'll be contacting all affected members over the next few months and this will include the details of suppliers who have recently used your member number to send a payment.
- Scheduled payments should be set up the day your payment reaches your account.
- If you have a loan repayment that is due on the day of the payroll split, please contact us on 13 11 82 to avoid late payment fees.
To find your BSB number, log in to Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App. Your BSB will appear in the top right-hand corner in Internet Banking or the top left-hand corner in the App, after you click the three bars.
To find your Account Number, select Accounts from the menu. Your accounts will be listed below with the account type followed by Acc with a list of numbers. These numbers are your account number. Please make sure your account number is entered without any zeros at the front.
Your Account Name is usually your name.
PayID is an easy way to make sending and receiving payments simpler. It allows you to link financial accounts to more common information such as your mobile number or email address.
Your accounts will still have a BSB and Account Number, but you’ll be able to provide your PayID to receive payments without sharing your BSB and Account Number. You can also send money to others using their PayID.
A PayID can be created within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. Simply select 'Manage PayID', click ';Create New PayID', fill in the required fields and complete the steps.
- Not all account types are eligible to have PayIDs linked to them – please refer to the Summary of Accounts & Access Facilities Table to find out if your account type is eligible.
- A PayID can be closed within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. Simply select ‘Manage PayID’, click the applicable PayID and then ‘PayID Settings’. From there select the ‘Close PayID’ button and follow the prompts.
- Initially, you will only be able to create a PayID using an Australian mobile number or email address with People’s Choice; however you are able to link your PayID to your business accounts.
- If you are unsure about the name shown contact the payee directly to confirm their PayID name.
- When creating your PayID you will be provided a list of name options that reasonably represent and identify you as the account holder. You must select an option from this list.
For example an Account Name of Jonathon Smith with a preferred name of John may be provided the following options:
- A PayID which is locked will not be able to receive payments however you can unlock your PayID at any time. A closed PayID will no longer be able to receive payments into the linked account and will be available to be registered by others who may have access to it i.e. a family email address.
Manage your PayID:
Download the latest version of the People’s Choice App, go to Menu > Manage PayID
Or login to People’s Choice Internet Banking and go to Accounts > Manage PayID
- Your PayID can be updated within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App.
Simply select ‘Manage PayID’, select the relevant PayID and then open ‘PayID Settings’.
From here you can update your PayID name, change the account which it is linked to, lock, close or transfer your PayID.
- You can only link your PayID to one account at one financial institution at a time. If you have created this PayID at another financial institution, you can change your existing PayID to a transferrable status with that financial institution and then try and register it with People’s Choice again.
- No, you do not need a PayID to make or receive Fast Payments – this is an option only.
- PayID is an easy way to make sending and receiving payments simpler. It allows you to link financial accounts to more common information such as your mobile number or email address.
Your accounts will still have a BSB and Account Number, but you will be able to provide your PayID to receive payments without sharing your BSB and Account Number. You can also send money to others using their PayID.
- A PayID can only be linked to one account across all financial institutions.
- Yes, one account can have multiple (unique) PayIDs created to it (e.g. joint accounts).
- You can only link your PayID to one account across all financial institutions. If you think you might have created this PayID at another financial institution, you can change your existing PayID to a transferrable status with that financial institution and then register it with People’s Choice.
If you think someone has incorrectly registered your PayID, you can lodge a dispute by completing the ‘Dispute PayID’ process in Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App. Follow the registration steps to create your PayID, complete the verification process and lodge your Dispute.
- We will lodge an enquiry with the Financial Institution that currently has the PayID registered and we will be in touch with you once we have a response.
- A PayID can be created within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. Simply select ‘Manage PayID’, click ‘Create New PayID’, fill in the required fields and complete the steps.
- No, you are not able to schedule or create recurring payments using PayID. If you would like to schedule a payment or create a recurring payment, please pay to a BSB and Account Number. Scheduled payments will not be sent as a Fast Payment, so make sure you consider this when setting your transfer dates.