Take a look at how much you could save by refinancing with People's Choice.
Ready to apply?
We've got a range of home loans to choose from.
Most popular questions
- If you choose a variable rate home or investment loan, the interest rate can rise or fall depending upon the market and economic conditions. This can potentially impact your repayment amount. On a variable rate, you have the flexibility to make unlimited extra repayments without a fee applying, to pay down your loan sooner.
Choosing a fixed rate home or investment loan means you can lock your interest in at a set rate for one to five years. So if you think interest rates have hit rock bottom or that rates may rise, you can add certainty to your loan by fixing your repayments for a set period.
If you're still not sure about which option is right for you, we're happy to help you make the right decision. Call us on 13 11 82 or visit your nearest branch for more details.
- No, an offset account cannot be linked to our Fixed Rate Loan. Please consider either our Standard Variable or Home Loan Package Variable Loan if you would like an offset account feature. Alternatively, a split loan facility can provide you with the best of both loan types.
- We can give you a payout figure for any set date by calling us on 13 11 82 or visiting your local branch. This payout figure will only be valid for the date requested. The balance that you view in internet banking does not include any interest accrued, or any fees and charges which may be applicable.
- At People's Choice Credit Union we understand that credit is a very important facility which allows you to achieve your personal, financial or lifestyle goals faster than you could if you had to rely on your savings alone.
As a mutually owned financial institution we embrace our responsibility to understand your personal situation when we make recommendations regarding providing, extending or arranging credit for you. This is to ensure you are reasonably likely to meet the obligations you have in respect of repaying the debt and avoid experiencing financial stress.
But we recognise that situations may change from time to time which may inhibit your ability to meet your credit repayment obligations. We understand the pressures that you and your family may experience during these difficult times and we work with you to find a mutually acceptable solution to aid in your overall debt management strategies and to continue to work with you to achieve your financial goals.
- A Bridging Loan is a short-term loan to assist you to purchase a new property pending the sale of your existing property. A Bridging Loan can help limit your expenses by offering interest only repayments while you sell your existing home. Once you have sold your existing property the proceeds of the sale are used to reduce your overall debt.
- A Bridging Loan can be taken for a maximum of 12 months.
Once your existing property is sold, the balance of your loan will reduce as per your contract and your loan will be converted to another product chosen by you and described in your contract.
More home loan calculators
We've got a range of home loan calculators to help you work out things like stamp duty and borrowing power.