Our transaction accounts
See our options below and choose the one that suits you.
Other bank accounts
We have a range of bank accounts to help you manage your money.
Become a member
We value our members. Start your People's Choice journey today by becoming a member.
Most popular questions
- You can open an account via our Mobile Banking App or in Internet Banking. Alternatively you can call our National Contact Centre on 13 11 82 or visit your nearest branch.
- The law requires us to verify your identity when you open an Account or Membership or when you become a signatory to an Account.
The documents required for identification purposes can be one or a combination of identification pieces as required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act (2006).
When you visit a branch or Bank@Post outlet to become a member, please bring the following document/s with you:
Primary Documents with photograph
- Current Drivers Licence
- Australian Passport (current or <2 years expired)
- Current Foreign Passport
- Student ID Card
- Proof of Age Card (issued under law of an Australian State or Territory)
- NSW Photo Card (Issued by NSW Road Transport Authority)
- Current Firearms Licence
- Indigenous Community Photo ID Card
Primary Documents without photograph
- Australian Birth Certificate or Extract
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Pension Card (issued by Australian Government for financial benefits)
- Health Care Card (Issued by Centrelink)
- Veterans Affairs Concession Card
- Utility Bills (current within last 3 months)
- Council Rates (current within last 3 months)
- Australian Taxation Notice (current within last 12 months)
- Government Notice recording financial benefits (current within last 12 months)
- Bank Statement (current within last 3 months)
- Electoral Commission records
- Housing Trust records
- Children (under 18 years) - letter from school specifying name of child, currently residential address and period of time child attended the school (current within last 3 months)
- There may be other acceptable ways to prove your identity. For more information please contact us. The new regulations require all identification to be current.
The same rules apply to becoming a signatory to an existing Account .
If you change your name, for example, upon marriage, you will need to give us suitable evidence. We will give you guidance on how to go about this.
- If there are unauthorised transactions on your account, contact us as soon as possible, as we will need to cancel and re-issue your card.
You will then need to complete a Visa Card Transaction Enquiry form. As soon as we receive this form we will begin investigating the transactions in question and may contact you for more details.
A fee may apply for this investigation, but will be reimbursed if the transaction is deemed to be unauthorised. Refer to our Disclosure Documents for more details.
Depending on the complexity of the investigation, it may take up to 45 days to resolve your enquiry.
- You can check your account balance using our Mobile Banking App, Internet Banking, SMS or Phone Banking or by visiting your nearest ATM or branch.