- Three levels of cover: Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, and Third Party Property Damage
- Fortnightly, monthly or annual payments available at no extra cost
- Choice of market or agreed value for Comprehensive policies
- A trusted repairer network
- Low km premium reduction
- Support from a dedicated South Australian support team
- Over 160 years of trust
We’ve teamed up with CGU, an insurance provider with more than 165 years' experience, to provide flexible car insurance that’s got you covered. CGU offers market-leading products and are committed to providing you with the best possible service. CGU's range of car insurance policies can cover common types of theft, loss or damage. And with a range of extra benefits that you can choose to add on or leave out, you’ll only pay for what you want. Plus, there's a quick and easy claims process if you need it.
ComprehensiveOur most popular coverage.
• Covers cars, motorcycles, trailers or horse floats
• Covers loss or damage to your vehicle, and
• Your legal liability for loss or damage to another person’s vehicle or property
• No Claim Bonus available
• Cover for your personal items
• Hire car option
• Additional windscreen cover optional
• Towing and transport of your vehicle
Third Party Fire and Theft
• Covers cars or motorcycles
• Covers loss or damage to your vehicle by fire and theft only, and
• Your legal liability for loss or damage to another person’s vehicle or property.
Third Party Property Damage
• Covers cars or motorcycles
• Covers your legal liability for loss or damage to another person’s vehicle or property
Low kilometre policy under Comprehensive Cover
With comprehensive cover, you can choose a low kilometre policy which is available only for cars. Your premium will be calculated on the basis that your car will not be driven more than 10,000 kilometres during your period of insurance. To get the low kilometre option you will need to select the Nominated Driver Low Kilometre Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy.
Optional hire car after accident with Comprehensive Cover
We offer hire car after an accident up to $100 per day (GST inclusive) on a covered claim for up to 21 days as an optional extra under our Comprehensive car insurance policy.
Ready to get a quote?
What is the difference between Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft and Third Party Property Damage Motor Vehicle Insurance?Comprehensive provides cover for loss or damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident, fire or theft. It also covers your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property. Third Party Fire and Theft provides cover for damage to your vehicle by fire and theft only and your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property. Third Party Property Damage provides cover for your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property - however, it does not cover damage to your car.
- The cost depends on a number of things, including your type of car and whether you’ve had an accident before. There are some ways to lower the cost, like if you name the drivers on your policy or if you choose a policy that has a limit on how far you drive each year. The fastest way to see how much your insurance costs and look at your options is to quick quote.
- Our assessment of your vehicle’s value at the time of the incident you are claiming for, using local market prices and considering the age and condition of your vehicle. It includes any modifications, options or accessories attached to the vehicle, GST, registration, and Compulsory Third Party Insurance (if applicable).
- Agreed value is the amount we agree to insure your vehicle for and remains fixed for the term of the current policy period. It is adjusted on each renewal and shown on your current schedule. An agreed value policy means that in the unfortunate event of your vehicle being declared a total loss, you know what you’ll be covered for, regardless of changes in the market. This value includes modifications, manufacturers' options and accessories that we have agreed to insure.
- Drivers under 25 have a higher likelihood of lodging a claim where they are at fault. To compensate for that, an age excess applies if you are at fault in an accident.
- If you have a Nominated Driver Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy or a Nominated Driver Low Kilometre Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy, you will need to update your policy to a standard Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy as the Nominated policies do not cover any loss, damage or liability if your vehicle is driven by someone who is under 25 years of age.