Join the team
Begin your career journey with us today! Search and apply for jobs now.
Applying for a role with People's Choice
The recruitment process varies with each role. Generally, when we receive your application, we’ll look at the fit of your skills, abilities, and work history against the criteria for the role. If you meet the criteria, we’ll be in touch to step you through the selection process, which typically includes the following assessments:
- phone screening
- online assessments
- referee checks
- aptitude and psychological testing
- background checks
- a panel interview
Join our Talent Community here and be the first to learn about new job opportunities.
Let us introduce ourselves
We're one of Australia's largest credit union
Since 1949, we’ve been empowering our members to create the life they want through modern banking and personal service.
Our peopleWe’re committed to providing an employment experience that enables our people to be at their best individually and collectively, and our employee engagement programs help to create this.
Flexible ways of workingWe have a range of flexible working arrangements available for our people. For some roles, you can co-design your schedule based on how, where and when you’re most productive. For others, you have the flexibility to spend some of your week working from home.
Where we areOur head office and National Contact Centre are located at 50 Flinders Street, Adelaide, in one of Australia’s greenest buildings, with a 6 Star NABERS Energy rating and 6 Star NABERS Indoor Environment rating. Our modern offices are filled with collaboration spaces. We also have branches and advice centres across SA, NT, VIC and WA.
Contributing to our communityWe reinvest at ten times the 0.49% average contribution of profit made by major Australian and New Zealand companies, and we actively partner with local charity organisations and events.
Our members are our owners
Any profit we make is invested right back into the organisation to benefit our members and their communities. We believe building strong communities benefits us all. That’s why we’ve partnered with fantastic organisations and events, chosen with member and staff input, to help make a real difference in the community.
Benefits and opportunities
What are the perks?
We believe the little extras can make a big difference in supporting your success. That’s why we offer great incentives and benefits to support you, such as:
- discounts on our financial products and services
- flexible working
- salary sacrifice options
- recognition programs
- social club events
- employee events to celebrate successes
As our employees grow, so do we. That’s why we have a focus on developing our people. As well as a range of career development and progression opportunities within our transforming organisation, we offer:
- job-related learning programs
- study assistance support
- secondment and project opportunities
Lifestyle and leave
We recognise that work is just one aspect of a busy life, so we offer options to support you in dedicating more time to yourself and your loved ones:
- a variety of full-time, part-time, fixed-term and casual roles
- a range of paid and unpaid leave options including parental leave, purchased leave and lifestyle leave
- depending on your role, you may have access to flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- up to two days paid leave per year to participate in corporate volunteering activities
- a dedicated Employee Assistance Program for employees and their immediate family to access in times of need
- wellbeing programs, resources and support for employees
Our marvellous women in finance
"For women wanting a supportive culture where they are valued, cared for and encouraged to live a balanced life while they grow their career — I can think of no better place than People’s Choice." - Steve Laidlaw, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director.
We’ve asked just a few of the marvellous women of People’s Choice from our many different areas of finance, to share their stories. Read our booklet to gain an insight into a career in finance at People's Choice.
Hear from our team
"I enjoy working for an organisation that appreciate their staff, providing a great work life balance, job security, and a supportive network. We are empowered to contribute in decision making and as such, we pride ourselves on being innovative, flexible, and diverse with our values that are embedded in everything we do."
- Deb, Senior Member Fulfilment Consultant
"I’ve really enjoyed working for an employer that provides strong leadership, great culture and the opportunities for career learning and development whilst continuing to build on our focus on our members, it’s an organisation that keeps me motivated and loyal."
- Thomas, Agile Coach
"I love working for People's Choice, they support me with my endeavours to be the best I can be, not just in the work place but at home too. Its more than just a job, its a highly rewarding career that I'm excited to get up for each morning."
- Celeste, Member Relationship Consultant
- If the right opportunity isn't available just yet, you can join our Talent Community and be the first to learn about new job opportunities that might be a perfect fit for you.
Our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with you, either via phone or email, to let you know the status of your job application.
If you’re unsuccessful in the role you’ve applied for, we encourage you to join our Talent Community and look out for other job opportunities.
No need to worry, we have the technology to support virtual recruitment, including interviews. This means that communication can take place at any point in time during the recruitment process from anywhere around the globe!
- At People’s Choice, we’re passionate about employee referrals, so if you know someone who works for us, let us know in your application, and let them endorse you.
- Your application should include a cover letter and a current resume.
All current vacancies are advertised on our website.
- After you’ve submitted your online application, you’ll receive an automatic email acknowledging we’ve received your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch within two weeks of the role closing. We don’t want to keep you waiting, so we aim to be in touch as soon as possible.