- Visa payWave is a globally accepted, contactless payment solution. It allows Visa cardholders to complete transactions under $100 without having to swipe or insert the card. You simply wave the Visa card in front of the contactless terminal and go. No need to enter a PIN or sign for the transaction. It’s that simple.
- Yes. The card can still be used the traditional way at non-contactless terminals as it still has a chip and magnetic stripe, by either swiping or inserting the card and entering a PIN or signing you can complete the transaction. You can still choose to use your PIN or sign for transactions less than $100 if you prefer not to use the payWave functionality if the merchant facility still allows transactions to be made in this way.
- There are no fees for setting up or using the payWave feature on your card. However standard fees and charges may apply to our cards or card related transactions. For more information, please refer to our Fees and Charges document.
- Yes, they are:
- You are in control - your contactless card never leaves your hands to make a payment
- No accidental payments - your contactless card must be extremely close to the reader at the checkout to work
- Customers won't be double-charged for the same transaction even if the card touches the reader more than once.
- The maximum reach of 4cm means that you can't unknowingly pay for another person's purchase
- Virtually impossible for any of your Visa card details to be intercepted while in use. Each payWave card reader contains security based on industry-wide standard.
- It's like having exact change wherever you go, so you don't have to worry about carrying a lot of cash or looking for change.
Contactless payments are a form of innovative payment technology that makes small payments as easy as tapping your card.
Your Visa payWave card never leaves your hand at the checkout and eliminates the risk of card skimming as there is no need to enter the card into a card reading device.
You can keep track of all transactions made using your Visa payWave card by checking your statement or Internet Banking transaction record, instead of keeping piles of receipts for your small purchases made with cash. It’s a fast and convenient payment method, especially at places where speed is essential, like at supermarkets, fast food restaurants, convenience stores and more.
How do I know only one Visa payWave transaction has been processed when I wave my Visa payWave card?All Visa payWave readers are tested and certified to make sure a card is only read once per transaction. As a safeguard, each transaction must be complete or void before another one can take place.
- All you need is a Visa card with the payWave feature. People's Choice Credit Union offers members a credit or debit Visa card with the payWave feature. To find out if your card has contactless technology, it will have the payWave logo on the front.
If you do not currently have a card with contactless technology, when your current card expires or is re-issued if reported as lost or stolen, the replacement card you receive will have contactless technology.
- Yes. In Australia, where that facility is enabled you can still ‘tap’ your Visa payWave enabled credit or debit card on a contactless enabled terminal or touchpad to initiate the payment side of the transaction. When payWave is used for any transaction under the value of $100 there is no need for you to enter a PIN. From 1 August 2014, for transactions greater than $100 you will be asked to enter a PIN.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.