- The cost of LMI generally depends on the borrower's LVR (Loan to Value Ratio) and amount of money they need to borrow. The cost can vary depending on the lender. For more information on LMI when taking out a Home Loan at People’s Choice please speak to one of our Home Loan Advisers or call 13 11 82.
- LMI is a once-off payment made by the borrower at the time of loan settlement, which protects the lender should the borrower no longer be able to meet their loan repayments.
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) is an insurance that protects the lender in the event of default by the borrower.
- LMI may be required if the borrower doesn't have a minimum of 20% deposit to take out a home loan.
- To avoid Lenders' Mortgage Insurance it is generally recommended the borrower keep their LVR (Loan to Value Ratio) below >80% plus any fees (conveyancer, stamp duty, building inspection, etc). If the borrower has a deposit of 20% or more of the property value, then they may not be required to pay LMI. For more information on whether you’ll need LMI please speak to one of our Home Loan Advisers or call 13 11 82.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.