- At People's Choice Credit Union we understand that credit is a very important facility which allows you to achieve your personal, financial or lifestyle goals faster than you could if you had to rely on your savings alone.
As a mutually owned financial institution we embrace our responsibility to understand your personal situation when we make recommendations regarding providing, extending or arranging credit for you. This is to ensure you are reasonably likely to meet the obligations you have in respect of repaying the debt and avoid experiencing financial stress.
But we recognise that situations may change from time to time which may inhibit your ability to meet your credit repayment obligations. We understand the pressures that you and your family may experience during these difficult times and we work with you to find a mutually acceptable solution to aid in your overall debt management strategies and to continue to work with you to achieve your financial goals.
- We can give you a payout figure for any set date by calling us on 13 11 82 or visiting your local branch. This payout figure will only be valid for the date requested. The balance that you view in internet banking does not include any interest accrued.
- Getting on top of your financial difficulties early is the best way to make sure your credit history remains in good condition. Get in touch with us as soon as you think you might have difficulty meeting your repayments so we can start working together on a solution.
To refinance an existing personal loan from People’s Choice or from another financial institution, to a personal loan with People’s Choice, you will need to apply to refinance either online, by calling us on 13 11 82 or by visiting your nearest branch.
During your application you will be required to provide some documentation so we can assess your situation. Examples include:
- Loan repayment history for the previous three months
- Bank statements
If you are applying to refinance online, please select Refinance as loan purpose on the online application form.
- You can apply for a Personal Loan online, by calling 13 11 82, or by visiting your nearest branch.
Make sure you have the following information at hand when applying:
Income details – pay slips, child support, pensions, overtime, allowances, rental income, commissions etc
Expense details – utility bills, rent, board, loan repayments, credit and store cards, maintenance, lease payments etc
Asset information – cash savings, value of motor vehicles, shares, bonds, property, furnishings etc
Residential and employment details for the last three years
Australian driver’s licence number and expiry
- Depending on the Personal Loan you choose, you can use a new or used car, motorbike, caravan or a term deposit / savings.
Take a look at the different Personal Loans we offer at People's Choice here.
- You can choose to make your repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
You can even make additional payments without penalty at any time via Phone Banking, Internet Banking, or at any of our branches.
Calculate the time and interest you can change when making extra repayments with our free extra repayments calculator here.