- You can access Phone Banking by calling 13 11 82 and selecting Option 1: Self Service Phone Banking. You'll then be prompted to enter your member number and access code.
- You can change your access code by selecting Option 6 - Change Access Code.
- You can change the order of your Quick Accounts on Phone Banking by selecting Option 5: Change Quick Accounts on the menu. Once selected, your call will be transferred to a team member in our contact centre who will be able to make this change for you.
- You can register or re-register for Phone Banking from 14 March 2022, by calling 13 11 82 and entering the Phone Banking queue (Option 1: Self Service Phone Banking). The system will recognise if you are yet to register and will immediately start the registration process. Follow the steps to register:
- Step 1: Enter your member number and date of birth. You'll receive a One Time Passcode via SMS on the mobile number you've registered with us. Then enter the One Time Passcode.
- Step 2: Once verified, you'll be able to select a new access code for immediate registration - the access code must be between 6 and 8 digits.
- The Phone Banking system will refer to accounts using the last four digits of the account number. Once an account is selected from the menu, the name of that account will then be announced, allowing you to confirm this is the right selection.
If it's not the right account, thats ok! You can try again.
- Quick Accounts are the first 3 'favourite' transaction and savings accounts that you can access using Phone Banking.
Quick Account options are presented first. Loan accounts (and your other transaction and savings accounts) are not included as Quick Account options but can be accessed by selecting Option 4 : Select loans and all other accounts
- If you've forgotten or have trouble resetting your new access code, call us on 13 11 82 and one of our team members will be able to assist (you can also select Option 7 - Speak to a consultant when you are in Phone Banking and you will be transferred through).
What if I don't have a mobile number to be able to register for the new phone banking service? Can I register for Phone Banking using a landline?You'll only be able to register for the new service from 14 March 2022. If you want to register for the new Phone Banking service and you don't have a mobile phone number recorded with us (or if your mobile number is updated within the last 48 hours) you'll be unable to complete the registration process and will be automatically transferred to our contact centre where a team member will be able help you to create an access code the first time you call through to Phone Banking.
- The new Phone Banking service will provide you with a way we can quickly and easily verify your identity over the phone when you call us, known as Access Code verification. The system will recognise if you've registered for the new Phone Banking service and, if so, will prompt you to enter your access code. This new feature will help us better connect with you the next time you call our National Contact Centre, Business Support or Credit Management Teams.
- The new Phone Banking menu has the following options:
•Option 1: Select quick account 1
•Option 2: Select quick account 2 •Option 3: Select quick account 3
•Option 4: Select loans and all other accounts. (note: if you have loan/s these accounts will be presented first)
All options above allow you to:
•Hear the last 5 transactions (Not available for loan accounts)
•Transfer to another account (Not available for loan accounts, only possible to transfer to a loan account) •Repeat account balance
•Option 5: Change quick account order - your call will be directed to our contact centre where a team member can do this for you
•Option 6: Change access code •Option 7: Speak to a consultant - your call will be directed to our contact centre
What notification will I receive to let me know I've registered or reset my access code for Phone Banking?Once you've successfully registered for Phone Banking or reset your access code, you'll receive confirmation on the call and will also be sent confirmation via email (if you've provided us an email address). If not, you'll receive a confirmation letter.
- Soon we'll be removing these options from the Phone Banking menu:
•Interest earnings •Transfer to another membership
•Access another membership*
*If you do currently use this option, you will still be able to obtain access to a secondary membership (if applicable) by re-entering Phone Banking using that member number and access code.
You'll still be able to access the above services using our Mobile Banking App or Internet Banking.
- Our Phone Banking is changing. We've recently rolled out a new phone system in our National Contact Centre and as part of this change we’re implementing a new Phone Banking service which will come with an improved self-registration process and reduce the wait time to receive an access code. This is currently delivered by post which can take a few days to arrive, however, with the changes being implemented, members will be able to set up a new access code immediately over the phone.
Another positive change is that if you've updated any account names (e.g. Online Saver to Holiday Account), our new Phone Banking will now reflect this name change (once account selection made).
- We won't be able migrate the access codes from our previous Phone Banking service to our new platform, so existing registered members will need to re-register to use the new Phone Banking service. Unfortunately, you are unable to do this ahead of the change but the process to do this is simple and easy and if you need us, we're here to help. We will update the Phone Banking page on our website with more information closer to the changeover date.
- You'll be able to access up to 10 accounts using Phone Banking. To change which accounts are included, select Option 5: Change Quick Accounts from the menu. To access account information on more than 10 accounts, please use Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App.
To access account information on more than 10 accounts, please use Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App.
- You'll notice that there will be some small changes to the Phone Banking menu options. You'll still be able to easily obtain your available account balances, transaction history and transfer between your own accounts, however, some menu options that were not being used frequently will be removed.
The way you select an account will also be changing slightly. Currently, you’re presented with the names of your accounts, but moving forward you will be presented with the last four digits of your accounts. Your account numbers can be found on your statement, or viewed in Internet Banking or on our Mobile Banking App. Once you've selected an account you will then hear the account name. If you realise you've chosen the wrong account, you will be able to return to the menu to select again.
When you select to hear your account balances, only the available balance will play. If you have a term investment with us, it wont be included as an option on Phone Banking. To access information about your term investments quickly and easily, speak to us about our other self service options.
The hours of access to Phone Banking will be changing too. From the date of the change, the service will be unavailable between the hours of 10:30pm and 2:00am (ACST) each day.
You'll be able to use your new Phone Banking access code to verify your identity when you call our National Contact Centre, Business Support or Credit Management Teams. This means you'll be prompted to enter your member number and your access code before you speak to someone from our team, giving you a more personalised experience and reducing your wait time.
- We’re making it easier for Phone Banking members. Moving forward, you’ll be able to use your new access code to verify your identity when you call our National Contact Centre, Business Support and Credit Management Teams. This means you'll be prompted to enter your member number and your access code before you speak to someone from our team, giving you a more personalised experience and reducing your wait time.
Another positive change is if you've updated any account names (e.g. Online Saver to Holiday Account), our new Phone Banking will now reflect this name change (once account selection made).