- This additional security benefit is provided to you free of charge.
- Yes, you can use Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure from any mobile device or computer connected to the internet, with a compatible browser.
Can I request that all transactions I make online go through the Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure service?No. Only merchants and retailers that have signed up to the Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure service will have this security facility on online transactions. The list of retailers becoming Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure merchants is expanding every day.
- Yes. Both joint owners of the account should have their own card issued, and you should be using the card that is in your name when performing online purchases. When using your card to perform an online transaction through a participating Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure merchant, you may be required to enter in a One Time Password which will be sent to your mobile phone number you have registered with People's Choice to complete the transaction.
Your Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure purchases will appear as normal purchases on your statement, under the name of the 'merchant' - that is, the company from which you made your purchase.
- As you make a purchase online, Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure assesses the risk of the transaction based on several factors. In some instances, you may be asked to enter a One Time Password which will be sent to your mobile phone number registered with People's Choice so the card isn't used without your permission.
- Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure are services designed to ensure you are protected while shopping online with your Visa card.
- No. We will register your card for Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure on your behalf, so you'll automatically be protected.
- Each time you make an online purchase, Visa Secure assesses the risk level of the transaction – certain activity may seem out of the ordinary, maybe because it’s a high dollar value, or a retailer you’ve never bought with before. If People’s Choice is concerned a transaction may be fraudulent, you will be prompted to confirm your identity, and you will be requested to enter some personal details unique to your account with us. This information is used only to verify your identity, and is not stored by Visa Secure, nor is it passed to anyone including the online merchant.
- Protection the Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure way is simple because you don’t have to remember usernames and passwords – you will be automatically registered and protected. If your Visa card is new, People’s Choice will register the card before we issue it to you. With existing Visa cards, People’s Choice will take care of registering it as part of the Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure service.
- Visa Secure is the re-branded version of Verified by Visa. Eftpos Secure is a new service provided by EFTPOS. Visa Secure and Eftpos Secure are services that automatically send a One Time Password to your mobile phone, to authenticate the purchaser and protect your card against unauthorised use.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.