- This additional security benefit is provided to you free of charge.
- Yes, you can use Visa Secure from any mobile device or computer connected to the internet, with a compatible browser.
- No. Only merchants and retailers that have signed up to the Visa Secure service will have this security facility on online transactions. The list of retailers becoming Visa Secure merchants is expanding everyday.
- Yes. Both joint owners of the account should have their own card issued, and you should be using the card that is in your name when performing online purchases. When using your card to perform an online transaction through a participating Visa Secure merchant you may be required to enter in personal information that is held by People's Choice to complete the transaction.
- Your Visa Secure purchases will appear as normal purchases on your statement, under the name of the 'merchant' - that is, the company from which you made your purchase.
- As you make a purchase online, Visa Secure assesses the risk of the transaction based on a number of factors. In some instances, you may be asked to confirm some personal details (name on card, member number and date of birth) so People’s Choice can be sure the card isn't be used without your permission.
- Visa Secure is a service designed to ensure you are protected while shopping online with your Visa card.
- No. We will register your card for Visa Secure on your behalf, so you'll automatically be protected.
- Each time you make an online purchase, Visa Secure assesses the risk level of the transaction – certain activity may seem out of the ordinary, maybe because it’s a high dollar value, or a retailer you’ve never bought with before. If People’s Choice is concerned a transaction may be fraudulent, you will be prompted to confirm your identity, and you will be requested to enter some personal details unique to your account with us. This information is used only to verify your identity, and is not stored by Visa Secure, nor is it passed to anyone including the online merchant.
- Protection the Visa Secure way is simple because you don’t have to remember usernames and passwords – you will be automatically registered and protected. If your Visa card is new, People’s Choice will register the card before we issue it to you. With existing Visa cards, People’s Choice will take care of registering it as part of the Visa Secure service.
- Verified by Visa has recently been renamed to Visa Secure. Visa Secure is a service that automatically sends a One Time Password to your mobile phone, to authenticate the purchaser and protect your card against unauthorised use.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.