- If we’ve agreed to a hardship arrangement with you, this will be noted in your credit report for the duration of the arrangement.
Being in a financial hardship arrangement won’t impact your credit score. However, repayment history information can be included in the calculation of your credit score, so if you’re under a temporary financial hardship arrangement and you miss a payment under the arrangement, your credit score might be impacted. You can read more here.
I'm after some information on managing payments to my People's Choice loan or credit card. Who do I call?You can call People's Choice on 13 11 82. For more information, visit the Customer-Owned Banking Association website (www.customerownedbanking.asn.au) or you can call The National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor.
- A range of solutions are available to members who might be going through financial hardship. We can tailor a plan depending on individual circumstances, and advise you of organisations who may be able to help.
- You should get in touch with us as soon as possible if you think you might have trouble meeting your financial commitments. You don`t have to wait until you are overdue.We'll then work with you to tailor a plan that helps you stay on top of your repayments. You can call People's Choice on 13 11 82 or attend your local branch and speak to one of our friendly staff.
Who do I contact If I'm having financial difficulty meeting my People's Choice loan or credit card repayments?You can call People's Choice on 13 11 82 or attend your local branch and speak to one of our friendly staff.
- The staff at People’s Choice treat each case with respect, empathy, and equality. To help us work out how we may be able to help you, our staff may ask you about your income, expenses, assets, and supporting documents to support your application.
- Some of the types of Financial Difficulty Assistance from People’s Choice may include deferred payment or reduced payment arrangements on your loan. Depending on your circumstances additional options may also be available
- No, Collection activity will cease during your approved hardship period.
- We will provide you with a reason in writing as to why you did not meet our hardship criteria. You may wish to seek hardship advice from a financial professional or external support service.
- If you are not satisfied with our assessment, you can contact our Credit Management Team at (08) 8124 2146 or email email@example.com to discuss the reasons further, or you can make a complaint to our Complaints Resolution Team by contacting 1800 961 687 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have contacted the above and are still not satisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA):
Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call)
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001
- If your hardship period is ending soon and you feel that your situation hasn’t changed, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can re-assess your case.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.