Related FAQs

  • How do I make a home insurance claim?

    Making a home insurance claim is easy. Just fill up the home insurance online form here. You can also call CGU on 13 24 80 , quote your policy number and make a claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Would my home and contents be covered for flood?

    From February 2012 all new and renewed policies for Home & Contents and Landlords Residential Property Insurance will automatically include flood cover. Whether it's from a river or storm water, our flood cover will protect your greatest assets with the cover you need.
  • Do I need to have confirmation of ownership of my contents?

    We will ask for reasonable confirmation of ownership. This will allow us to replace your item or items with the best possible match. This type of confirmation can vary from item to item, or situation to situation. A combination of receipts, warranty books and photos are the preferred methods of confirming ownership.
  • What is the level of contents insurance cover that I should have?

    In the event of a loss you will want to replace any items damaged or stolen with brand new items, so you will need to have enough insurance to cover the replacement cost of all your contents. And think about more than just your 'big ticket' items like the fridge and tv - there are a lot of items of value inside your cupboards too! Remember to add on the cost of replacing clothes, crockery, books etc.
  • Do I get a discount if I have an alarm?

    Yes, People's Choice Credit Union offers reduced contents premiums for homes with a local alarm and extra reductions if it's a monitored back to base alarm.
  • Am I covered for my personal effects away from home?

    At People's Choice Credit Union we can arrange a policy for you that covers your personal items away from home.

Did you find what you are looking for?

Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.