- Contactless payments are a simple, safer and secure way to pay using your People’s Choice Visa card. A simple tap of your phone, smartwatch or card at the checkout is all you need to do to pay.
- All you need to pay by contactless is your People’s Choice Visa card. You can use the card itself, or if you like you can set up a digital wallet which means you’ll be able to use a device, like your phone or smartwatch to pay.
- You can pay using contactless at any terminal that has this symbol <insert graphic of symbol> displayed.
- No, if for any reason you don’t want to use the contactless feature, you can still pay by swiping the magnetic stripe.
- No, you can just use your card to tap and pay if you like. A digital wallet lets you pay without even needing your card though – you can use a device, like your phone so you won’t need to carry your purse or wallet.
- No, just hold the card or device around 4cm away from the terminal.
- No, for amounts under $200 you won’t need to touch the terminal at all.
- You can still use your card or device, but you’ll need to enter your PIN or signature for security reasons.
- No, terminals are specifically designed to only process one payment at a time.
- Yes, it’s perfectly safe. You’re covered by Visa’s Zero Liability policy$(VISA Zero Liability) so you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges or unauthorised purchases. If you use a digital wallet, it even has extra layers of security that use your device’s technology, plus it doesn’t share your account details with anyone, even the store.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.