Contents insurance covers a wide range of items – from furniture to jewellery to TVs and laptops. It even covers your carpet and curtains. Find out the coverage you need and get a quote today.
- Use the contents insurance calculator to get an estimated replacement cost of your home's contents. This will help you calculate how much insurance you need.
Ready to get covered?
Get a quote for your insurance policy today.
Most popular questions
- We will ask for reasonable confirmation of ownership. This will allow us to replace your item or items with the best possible match. This type of confirmation can vary from item to item, or situation to situation. A combination of receipts, warranty books and photos are the preferred methods of confirming ownership.
- In the event of a loss you will want to replace any items damaged or stolen with brand new items, so you will need to have enough insurance to cover the replacement cost of all your contents. And think about more than just your 'big ticket' items like the fridge and tv - there are a lot of items of value inside your cupboards too! Remember to add on the cost of replacing clothes, crockery, books etc.
- At People's Choice Credit Union we can arrange a policy for you that covers your personal items away from home.
- All excesses are specified in your insurance policy schedule or policy booklet and conditions regarding the payment of your excess will vary depending on the policy type, i.e. motor, land, etc. For example, with a motor claim, if CGU determine that you are not ‘at fault’ in an incident, CGU will not deduct the excess specified in your insurance policy when CGU settle your claim. However, if CGU determine you are ‘at fault’, the excess will apply.check link
- The more information you are able to give the CGU claims consultant, the quicker we will be able to settle. You will need to provide the following details: Your policy number and type Verify your personal policy details The name of the insured on the policy Detailed description of the incident The date of loss and the loss address Any details of other parties involved (if applicable)
How do I calculate how much insurance I need for my home?
Calculate how much to insure your home and contents for.
We've got a range of insurance to help you protect what's important to you.