- All excesses are specified in your insurance policy schedule or policy booklet and conditions regarding the payment of your excess will vary depending on the policy type, i.e. motor, land, etc. For example, with a motor claim, if CGU determine that you are not ‘at fault’ in an incident, CGU will not deduct the excess specified in your insurance policy when CGU settle your claim. However, if CGU determine you are ‘at fault’, the excess will apply.check link
- You can choose your own repairer or supplier if you would like to. To do this you will need to provide CGU with a written quote from your chosen supplier. If the quote is found to be fair and reasonable (that is comparable to the quotes CGU have received), then you can engage your repairer or supplier. Alternatively you are can choose to use CGU’s managed repairers. This will simplify the process and save time. CGU’s supplier network is extensive and can provide you with prompt attention at a time that is convenient to you.
- The more information you are able to give the CGU claims consultant, the quicker we will be able to settle. You will need to provide the following details: Your policy number and type Verify your personal policy details The name of the insured on the policy Detailed description of the incident The date of loss and the loss address Any details of other parties involved (if applicable)
- For queries on motor assessments and repairs you can call 13 24 80 (13 CGU 0) from 8.00am to 5.00pm ACST Monday to Friday.
- When you make a claim you may need to contribute an amount towards the cost of that claim. This is called an excess.
- Your insurance premium can be deducted from an account you nominate on either a monthly or annual basis at no extra cost.
- Once your claim is lodged with CGU, they will allocate a claims consultant who will contact you with the next step. Your claims consultant will keep you informed about your claim's progress along the way. CGU will give you a claim number which will be your ongoing reference to the claim. You can use this reference for all claims enquiries when providing information to CGU on your claim. Some claims are simple but others are more involved - either way, you can be sure that CGU will be working as quickly and efficiently as possible to process your claim.
- Making a claim is easy. Just call CGU on 13 24 80 and quote your policy number. You can make a claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Have an existing policy? Here is a list of contact details for our insurers.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.