- Not all account types are eligible to have PayIDs linked to them – please refer to the Summary of Accounts & Access Facilities Table to find out if your account type is eligible.
- A PayID can be closed within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. Simply select ‘Manage PayID’, click the applicable PayID and then ‘PayID Settings’. From there select the ‘Close PayID’ button and follow the prompts.
- Initially, you will only be able to create a PayID using an Australian mobile number or email address with People’s Choice; however you are able to link your PayID to your business accounts.
- If you are unsure about the name shown contact the payee directly to confirm their PayID name.
- When creating your PayID you will be provided a list of name options that reasonably represent and identify you as the account holder. You must select an option from this list.
For example an Account Name of Jonathon Smith with a preferred name of John may be provided the following options:
- A PayID which is locked will not be able to receive payments however you can unlock your PayID at any time. A closed PayID will no longer be able to receive payments into the linked account and will be available to be registered by others who may have access to it i.e. a family email address.
Manage your PayID:
Download the latest version of the People’s Choice App, go to Menu > Manage PayID
Or login to People’s Choice Internet Banking and go to Accounts > Manage PayID
- Your PayID can be updated within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App.
Simply select ‘Manage PayID’, select the relevant PayID and then open ‘PayID Settings’.
From here you can update your PayID name, change the account which it is linked to, lock, close or transfer your PayID.
- You can only link your PayID to one account at one financial institution at a time. If you have created this PayID at another financial institution, you can change your existing PayID to a transferrable status with that financial institution and then try and register it with People’s Choice again.
- No, you do not need a PayID to make or receive Fast Payments – this is an option only.
- PayID is an easy way to make sending and receiving payments simpler. It allows you to link financial accounts to more common information such as your mobile number or email address.
Your accounts will still have a BSB and Account Number, but you will be able to provide your PayID to receive payments without sharing your BSB and Account Number. You can also send money to others using their PayID.
- A PayID can only be linked to one account across all financial institutions.
- Yes, one account can have multiple (unique) PayIDs created to it (e.g. joint accounts).
- You can only link your PayID to one account across all financial institutions. If you think you might have created this PayID at another financial institution, you can change your existing PayID to a transferrable status with that financial institution and then register it with People’s Choice.
If you think someone has incorrectly registered your PayID, you can lodge a dispute by completing the ‘Dispute PayID’ process in Internet Banking or our Mobile Banking App. Follow the registration steps to create your PayID, complete the verification process and lodge your Dispute.
- We will lodge an enquiry with the Financial Institution that currently has the PayID registered and we will be in touch with you once we have a response.
- A PayID can be created within Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. Simply select ‘Manage PayID’, click ‘Create New PayID’, fill in the required fields and complete the steps. For detailed instructions please view our instructional video here.
- No, you are not able to schedule or create recurring payments using PayID. If you would like to schedule a payment or create a recurring payment, please pay to a BSB and Account Number. Scheduled payments will not be sent as a Fast Payment, so make sure you consider this when setting your transfer dates.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.