Keeping your banking safe
People’s Choice will never contact you to request your passwords, VISA card/rediCard or account details. We will never send you SMS containing links. Never share your password or Internet Banking login credentials. In some instances, you may also receive an SMS from +61 489 988 024 or +61 437 126 492. If you have been contacted or are concerned about your privacy, please call us directly on 13 11 82 or visit a branch.
Important information for members impacted by the Medibank and Optus data breaches
If you are concerned about this breach or have been contacted by someone claiming to have your information, here’s what you need to know:
- We will never call you to verify your passwords or account numbers. Please call us on 13 11 82 to verify all communications and transactions claiming to come from People's Choice
- Report any calls you receive about your data to Scamwatch immediately
- Do not to open text messages or click on any links from suspicious or unknown numbers or emails
How to place a ban on your credit file
|Organisation||How to place a ban on your credit file||More information|
|Equifax||How do I place a ban on my Equifax credit report? | Equifax Australia||Credit Report Ban | Equifax Personal|
|Experian||Request a Ban on Your Credit Report | Experian Australia||Placing A Ban On My Credit Report FAQs | Experian Australia|
|Illion||Credit Report Ban Request - illion|
People’s Choice uses industry-standard encryption to help you to stay safe while you’re online banking with us.
Here's what you can do to keep your banking safe:
- Never share any of your passwords or Internet Banking login credentials
- When using Internet Banking, always type 'peopleschoice.com.au’ into your browser, then click on 'login' from our website
- Never share your One Time Passcode (OTP) or Secure Code
- We will never ask you to transfer funds from your account to another.
- We will never send you SMS containing links, do not click on links from SMS claiming to be from People’s Choice
- We will never contact you to request your passwords, VISA card/rediCard or account details
- Don't click on links in emails that ask for your account, card or personal details
- Always use secure sites that have a padlock icon in your browser
- Use email to confirm transactions and help monitor your account
- Change your Internet Banking passwords often and don't use the same password for other accounts or systems
- While you're using Internet Banking, be wary of pop-ups that ask for personal information or ask you to click on links
- Be careful if you're using a public computer or free public Wifi – make sure your private details are protected and log out when you're finished
- Check your last login date and time when you sign in to make sure it's correct
- Make sure your computer's anti-virus software is installed and up to date
- Immediately contact us if your computer has been infected with a virus or malicious software
- If you fail to promptly report any security breaches on your Account, you may increase your liability for any unauthorised transactions.
- You should reset your password as soon as possible by calling 13 11 82 or visiting any branch. For security reasons our Contact Centre will do an identity check before releasing your new password.
- People's Choice will never call or email you to ask for confirmation of your password, PIN or account details. We will never send an email containing a link to our Internet Banking page or request that you verify your account status.
Be wary of any phone calls of this nature and emails with links from unknown senders, and delete any unsolicited emails immediately, without responding.
In some instances, you may also receive an SMS from +61 489 988 024 or +61 437 126 492. If you have been contacted or are concerned about your privacy, please call us directly on 13 11 82 or visit a branch. Please be aware, we will never send you an SMS containing links, and we will never ask for sensitive information via SMS, such as an access code, OTP or Internet Banking password.
If you believe your details may have been compromised by a phishing phone call or phishing email, contact us as soon as possible.
- Each time you make an online purchase, Visa Secure assesses the risk level of the transaction – certain activity may seem out of the ordinary, maybe because it’s a high dollar value, or a retailer you’ve never bought with before. If People’s Choice is concerned a transaction may be fraudulent, you will be prompted to confirm your identity, and you will be requested to enter some personal details unique to your account with us. This information is used only to verify your identity, and is not stored by Visa Secure, nor is it passed to anyone including the online merchant.
- If your card is lost or stolen during business hours, call us on 13 11 82 or visit your nearest branch as soon as possible. We can cancel your current card and arrange for a new card to be mailed to you.
Outside of business hours, call the Visa 24 hour hotline on 1800 648 027. You'll then need to contact us to arrange for a new card to be sent.
If you're overseas when you lose your card, please contact us on +61 2 8299 9101. If you need to arrange for an emergency Visa card to be issued to you, visit the Visa website to find the contact details for each country.
There may be a fee for ordering a replacement card. Refer to our Disclosure documents for more details.
- Call us immediately on 13 11 82, contact us via the website, or go to your nearest branch and speak with a consultant.
- Yes. When you finish banking through People's Choice Mobile Banking you can logout by tapping on the logout icon in the top right hand corner of the screen and therefore exit the system. None of the information accessed through Mobile Banking will be saved on your mobile phone. Do not save your Internet Banking password on your mobile browser in case of loss or theft on your mobile phone.
If you press the Home button when logged into the app your session will remain active for 90 seconds.
Fraud and scams
Our Mobile Banking App has the same high level of security as our Internet Banking, so you can bank on the go, stress-free.
Check out our tips for keeping your Mobile Banking safe:
- When you're not using your device, lock it and keep it in a safe place
- Avoid using the same PIN for your device and for the Mobile Banking App
- Don't store your banking PINs or passwords on your device
- Let us know immediately if your device is stolen or lost
- Delete People's Choice text messages
- Never send any personal information via text message
- Don't hack or modify your device
- Install and maintain appropriate security software for your device
- Install and keep up to date anti-virus software for your device
- Only download apps from reputable sources
- Check privacy policies and permissions of any apps you download
People's Choice Secure Code is replacing SMS Verification and Personal Icons to bring you enhanced digital security and real time fraud detection. Making digital banking easier and more secure for you, to transact anytime and anywhere....even when you travel.
How does Secure Code work?
It works by delivering either a Secure Code Push Notification to your mobile device or by generating a six digit Secure Code from within your mobile device or an alternate application on your PC when using Internet Banking to perform certain transactions.