Related FAQs

  • Will I have to pay an excess for travel insurance claims?

    An ‘excess’ is your contribution towards the cost of a claim. We will reduce the amount we pay you for a claim for any one incident by your excess amount. This can be found on your policy schedule. You cannot remove the excess by paying a higher premium.
  • Who can I contact regarding my travel insurance if I am overseas?

    If you have any difficulties while you are travelling, call our Emergency Assistance Hotline and speak with one of our expertly trained, multilingual staff. The numbers to call reverse charge, depending on whether you are travelling within Australia or overseas are (02) 8895 0698 (within Australia) and +61 2 8895 0698 (via the local operator while overseas).
  • How do I make a travel insurance claim?

    Making a claim is easy. Just call CGU on 13 24 80 or email and quote your policy number. You can make a claim 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Learn more about making a general insurance claim here.

Did you find what you are looking for?

Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.