- If you have a Nominated Driver Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy or a Nominated Driver Low Kilometre Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy, you will need to update your policy to a standard Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy as the Nominated policies do not cover any loss, damage or liability if your vehicle is driven by someone who is under 25 years of age.
- If it's agreed the incident was not the fault of the driver of your vehicle, and we are provided with the contact details of the person who caused the incident, including their name, current residential address and vehicle registration, and who they are insured with, you won't need to pay your excess.
- While the static item in an insurance quote is the type of car and where you live, insurers pricing includes a range of elements including what is covered in the policy and the dollar limits of each cover. Other elements affecting price are how much you drive your vehicle, and how many people drive your vehicle. Therefore it is important for you to check your insurance policy to make sure it has the level of protection that best suits your needs, and take advantage of any discounts that may be available.
- We base our no claim bonus on your driving history not your insurance history, even if you haven't had insurance in your name in the past.
- You have a choice to insure your vehicle for either an agreed value or the market value.
- We will provide temporary cover if you permanently replace your vehicle in the period of insurance from the date of purchase for a maximum of 14 days. All you need to do is contact us with the full details of the replacement vehicle within 14 days of taking ownership of the vehicle. A new premium for your replacement vehicle will need to be calculated.
- The amount of money it would cost to replace your vehicle in your local area with an identical vehicle. This takes into account the condition of your vehicle. It also includes any GST and stamp duty you must pay for the transfer of ownership of the replacement vehicle.
- No. Our claims experience suggests thefts of vehicles, and thefts from vehicles, does not differ significantly enough to warrant a further discount between vehicles with and without alarms.
- Insurance research shows drivers under 25 have a higher likelihood of lodging a claim where they are at fault. To compensate for that, an age excess applies if you are at fault in an accident.
- Agreed value is the amount we agree to insure your vehicle for and remains fixed for the term of the current policy period. It is adjusted on each renewal and shown on your current schedule. An agreed value policy means that in the unfortunate event of your vehicle being declared a total loss, you know what you'll be covered for, regardless of changes in the market. This value includes modifications, manufacturers' options and accessories that we have agreed to insure.
What is the difference between Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft and Third Party Property Damage Motor Vehicle Insurance?Comprehensive provides cover for loss or damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident, fire or theft. It also covers your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property. Third Party Fire and Theft provides cover damage to your vehicle by fire and theft only and your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property. Third Party Property Damage provides cover for your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property - however, it does not cover damage to your car. Find out more about People's Choice Credit Union Car Insurance.
Did you find what you are looking for?
Help us improve our website and the information we provide to ensure you get what you need.